Leigh Kolodny-Kraft is the Founder and Executive Director of The Kraft Group, centrally located in Florham Park, New Jersey. The Kraft Group was formed after Leigh saw a need for quality evidence based treatment and bridging the gap between multiple providers treating one family. She hopes to eliminate the difficulty that can arise when different providers in multiple different offices try to work together as a team. Leigh believes in offering quality individualized and customized treatment for individuals, couples and families in a treatment team setting when necessary. She also recognized that there was an identified gap in treatment for individuals following residential treatment. The one size fits all aftercare planning usually includes partial hospitalization or Intensive Outpatient Treatment; since not all individuals fit into that modality, many were falling through the cracks which often resulted in relapses that could have been prevented.
Leigh Kolodny-Kraft was awarded the 2014 Lora Roe Alcoholism and Drug Addiction Counselor of the Year award by NAADAC, the National Association for Addiction Professionals. Ms. Kolodny-Kraft was honored with this prestigious award for her work in the field of Addictions and Codependency.
Leigh Kolodny-Kraft is an interactive, solution-focused therapist who treats the person not the diagnosis. She firmly believes that there is more to each person than their diagnosis and individuals are not their addictions. Often the addiction is a symptom of another life issue. Her multidimensional therapeutic approach allows her to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. Leigh Kolodny-Kraft recognizes that each client is individual and each client's addiction has its own unique underlying causes which need to be addressed according to that person's individual needs. Individuals with addiction and codependency issues often come into treatment feeling completely powerless and as if their lives are out of control. With compassion and understanding, Leigh works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing. Through this process Leigh's clients are able to address the underlying issues driving their substance use or other destructive behaviors. Leigh motivates and helps each client develop the confidence and skills to carry out change in a less threatening way. Leigh believes there is a difference between teaching client’s skills and coping tools and motivating a client to actually utilize them.
Leigh Kolodny-Kraft holds that one size does not fit all especially in addiction and codependency therapy. She advocates for choice in treatment and an individualized approach. She recognizes that while the 12 Step approach may work very well for some and will utilize with those clients, it may not suit all individuals. For those people, Leigh utilizes the SMART Recovery system (Self Management and Recovery Training) which is a philosophy in addictions and codependency treatment which helps individuals gain independence from addiction to substances or behaviors.
With over 16 years experience as a therapist, and as a graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University specializing in Addictions and Codependency she is currently serving as a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of client needs. Leigh has been asked to speak at multiple conferences and has been a guest on radio shows sharing her knowledge in the field of addictions. Among her areas of expertise and training are:
- Substance Abuse/ Chemical Dependency
- Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders
- Co-Dependency Issues
- Adult Child of an Alcoholic Issues
- Parent/Child Conflict Due to Addiction
- Intimacy Disorders including Sex and love Addiction (Certified Sex Addiction Therapist Candidate) CSAT-C
- Anxiety and Depression
- Crisis Intervention
- Anger Management
- Adolescent Issues
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Gambling Addiction ( Certified Clinical Gambling Counselor)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (Certified Clinical Trauma Professional)
- Prescription Drug Dependence and pain management
- Step Family Therapy (Certified Step Family Therapist)
- Court Mandated Substance Abuse Evaluations
- Comprehensive Substance Abuse Evaluations
- SAP certified to conduct Substance Abuse Evaluations for the Department of Transportation
- Drug Abuse Urinalysis Testing both Instant and Lab Based
- Alternatives to Traditional Intensive Outpatient Programs. (Individualized intensive therapy customized according to Individual and family needs)
- Customized Individually Based Intensive Therapy for the Upper Level Executive or High Profile Client who cannot attend Traditional Intensive Outpatient Programs or Meetings
Leigh Kolodny-Kraft is a frequent contributor to many mental heath and addiction publications.